Ilya,
As some people said, river "size" is ambiguous. If you're talking about
relative size of a river in term of rivers of the same country, Ebro and
Tajo are "major" rivers in Spain. If you're talking about absolute size
(compared with rivers in the world), Ebro and Tajo are small rivers.
On the same hand, Garonne starts as a "minor" river in Spain and ends as a
"major" river of France and Europe.