A large number of landuse=village_green seem to be due to an import in
the Czech Republic, where is has been used for essentially any grassy
area. Lots of the leisure=common seem to be actually be leisure=park
with the exception of the HOT helicopter "landing areas".  I would
suggest that maybe fixing the obvious nonsense uses of both tags first
and then re-evaluating might be a better strategy (naturally not
rendering both might supply additional motivation to  fix the issues).

Simon