Hi Marc,

thanks for your help.

08.01.2018 at 18:59 marc wrote:
if enought ppl agree with it, create a wiki page with a one-line proposal/rationale. see others AE for a template.
Do you mean at this page? https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Automated_edits_log
Silly question: What count of ppl is enough?
if you want to do it, do it. if you prefer that somebody do it, just ask (I can do it if enought ppl agree with it)
If it doesn't take you too much time, I would be glad if you can resume it? Would be good, so I can't damage something ;D
Do you add the changes to your wiki then?
rename roof:ridge:direction to 90 degree rotated roof:direction
Did you check if objects with this tag are not having also roof:shape? It is easy to change this for double-sloped roofs. There is a problem converting it for single slope. roof:ridge:direction=N mean roof:direction=O or E and you don't know which of the two is the only correct value. There is therefore also a problem to convert this tag when the roof shape is unknown as it can be a single-sloped roof.
*roof:ridge:direction* -> 1324 of 1330 have a roof shape specified (no nodes and no relations exist). If it is a single slope shape or not declared, can leave it like it is (or add an optionally note). Unfortunately I cannot read the corresponding values of shapes at TagInfo website. For double-sloped roofs the more common tag is *roof:orientation* (across/along), but needs calculations and think it is too expensive, so the better approach is the 90deg rotated *roof:direction*.

Double-sloped would be: gabled, half-hipped, hipped, gambrel, mansard, round and saltbox (and eventually flat, dome, onion, and pyramidal shape) Single-sloped: skillion shape (and eventually flat, dome, onion, and pyramidal shape)

Greets, Rebo