Hallo.
There is no life without water. I think that amenity=drinking-water is the
most-valuable tag that we deal with. It was created and comes to the map in
a natural way which can be seen in http://taghistory.raifer.tech/
(drinking_water is the opposite of waste water).

Where can we get the water?
Most will think .. from the tap. In addition to the tap, we can get clear
water from various types of fountains, springs, wells, as well as rivers,
streams, lakes. However, most often from the tap (there are different types
of taps) and well.

Water can be used for people, animals, machinery, as an everyday spiritual
tool in many religions(at home, work, travel) etc.

The tagging method for acquiring the most important substance in the
universe has not been determined! To describe the uptake of water from tape
or well with or without pump we sometimes have many different tags! among
others:
amenity=drinking_water
amenity=water_point
amenity=water
waterway=water_point
amenity=watering_place
natural=spring
amenity=fountain
man_made=water_tape
man_made=water_well ect:....

The question of importing the tag amenity=water_point remains, where is the
official international discussion on this tag and where is the import
documentation?

After a long introduction.

After reading the wiki again, using overpass, taging info and
especially personal
experience
water_tap water_well these are places from which water is collected and
this difference should be visible on the map.
amenity=drinking_water and amenity=water_point these are synonyms used
interchangeably for drinking and non-drinking water
waterway=water_point was created to obtain water for boats.
amenity=water_point was probably created to indicate the place of acquiring
water in caravanning, as well as for people traveling by car on the
services, rest areas, gas stations, etc.

I think that the man_made=water_tap and man_made=water_well should be used
with the tags amenity=drinking_water and amenity=water_point also too.

The problem is if the clear water is taken from the fountain
amenity=fountain+amenity=drinking_water they are mutually exclusive.

The question remains: what are the places offering water in large
quantities, how to recognize them? That there would be no doubt about here
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Aire_de_Valuejols.JPG we have
man_made=water_tape+amenity=drinking_water on the driver's resting place

Best Regards
Slavo