On 19/02/2018 09:00, Philip Barnes wrote:
Hi Joost
As a native English speaker I have never heard the term Hollow Way, however reading the description it seems that this proposal is describing what is called a Sunken Lane.

I would avoid cutting as that implies something that has been cut deliberately for the construction of a motorway, railway or canal etc.

Using the wiki photo as a basis, I would tag that as highway=* (depending on what rights of access there are. It certainly doesn't look abandoned) I would then add cutting=* as appropriate, which can be used in both cases of natural erosion & man made.