There are structures which are "manors" and I would't tag as a castle. As
an example, a Spanish "cortijo" is the center of a big (originally, feudal)
estate that is metonymically called "cortijo", too.

The central building has a defensive purpose. Historians would say some
walled villages are shaped  "in a 'cortijo' shape". But most people in
Spain would't consider a "cortijo" as a castle.

So I would left the assignment of a castle tag to "emic" local knowdledge.
French manors (châteaux) are castles; from your words, it seems british
manors are castles, but in some countries manors are definitely no castles.