Hello Dave,

As this is a thing country specific, people typically expect the norm. So no
need to tag this explicitly.

Question is how to tag it.

self_service sounds like the right key to tag exceptions from the norm. It can
also be used with the same meaning for example for car wash. These come as well
as stations where you insert coins in a machine to get pressurized water or
with staff doing the car wash for you, eg while you are shopping in the
supermarket.

Stephan