The present OSM wiki defintion for beach

is "Coastal beaches should be mapped down to the mean high water spring line (natural <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:natural>=coastline <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dcoastline>)"

(from https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural=beach)

I think this is incorrect .. they should be mapped past the high water mark to
the low water mark.

I see a beach as the place where the sea meets the land .. and that includes
the bit between hi and low water .. even the extremes of hi and low.