> On 4 April 2018 08:44:08 BST, "Javier Sánchez Portero" <
> javiers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bleachers are open structures, usually associated with American High
> School and University sports.
>
> I understand that the
> >tag
> >leisure=bleachers is discouraged for not being British English.
> Why? As a native speaker of British English I can see nothing wrong with
> Bleachers, there is no word in BE to describe these as they are not
> suitable for a Northern European climate.
>
> I think the key difference is a building v open frame structure.
>
> Phil (trigpoint)

I'm not a native speaker, but that is what says the red warning in

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure=bleachers

The open frame structure type is very common where I live (28ºN) and I
suppose that in many other parts of the world. In this definition

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/grandstand

It says a structure with seats without implying if it's a building or an
open frame. Maybe the correct use could be building=grandstand and
leisure=grandstand deprecating leisure=bleacher

Otherwise, the warning should be removed from leisure=bleacher because it
discourages to use this tag.

Javier