So far 2 people keep insisting that cycle lanes are counted and a
larger number says no. AFAIK a non-OSM person will not count cycle
lanes when asked to tell how many lanes a road has.
I asked around on the Belgian OSM Riot Channel and immediately got 3

So please follow the wiki, create your own tag to include cycle lanes
and hope that it will get traction.

Why do you keep mistagging roads if you know the wiki tells you not to
count cycle lanes? I see this as deliberate vandalism.

I understand that you do not agree with the current definition,
however I do not understand why you insist on putting an incorrect
value in that tag.
We have a free tagging schema, so it is easy to create a new tag for
your purpose.

regards

m.