> On May 29, 2018, at 4:36 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 29. May 2018, at 12:50, Andrew Davidson <thesw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> assuming that people would think that natural=wetland + stream=ephemeral
>> would look odd--otherwise no need for a new key).
>

> on which kind of object would you tag this? Usually a stream is mapped on a
> linear way, a wetland on an area.

There are also springs that are perennial, seasonal, intermittent, etc. Wiki
shows those as being mapped as either points or areas.

It might be generally useful to have a tag that can be used for more than just
water features. One example: I know of a place where portable toilets and trash
bins are located every year for the winter sports season and removed in spring.
I don’t know of a way to map those. Opening hours doesn’t work as that is for
places that exist all the time but only are open during specified hours. A
generic tag indicating when the feature is likely to be present could be used
for both water features and other non-water features.