On 07/06/18 02:06, Andy Townsend wrote:
On 06/06/2018 16:38, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

6. Jun 2018 17:10 by kevin.b.kenny+...@gmail.com <mailto:kevin.b.kenny+...@gmail.com>:

    Nothing really fits "This land is used for production of forest
    products"

So be tag should be invented by someone who cares about it.

I've used https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/landuse=forestry for that, but almost no-one uses that (literally in single figures).  See e.g. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/370079612 and https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=16&lat=53.22166&lon=-1.18361 for an example rendering.  If there's a better tagging option that doesn't conflict with what's in OSM already I'm happy to be enlightened.

The same people who abused landuse=forest can and probably will abuse landuse=forestry ...

The problem is in part caused by the renders showing both landuse=forest/forestry the same as natural=wood/landcover=trees. I would place a brown axe through the tree trunks in the rendering of landuse=forest/forestry to clearly distinguish it.

The other part of the problem is natural=wood as some object to placing anything that is not, if their terms, 'natural' in to the key natural. The use of the key landcover satisfies this need for some of the values in the key natural.
The values not covered would be covered by the key 'landform'.

In 'my ideal OSM world' the key natural would be abandoned for the keys landform and landcover. Once those are rendered then start on forest/forestry rendering that is different from landcover=trees.

Best Regards,

Andy