On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 4:16 PM, Yves <yve...@gmail.com> wrote:

Given the definition of an airport lounge given earlier (a waiting room
> reserved for business or first class, operated by airlines company... ), I
> think the concept is fairly concise.

Yes, the concept is concise.  As is my response: why bother?

> Now expanding this to hotels and dentists is not possible and maybe there
> is no need to?
> Stations are more the issue here if there is something there close to the
> airport lounges.

In my youth, almost all railway stations had waiting rooms and none had
lounges (as you intend the term).
Decades ago many stations switched to unmanned operation and the waiting
rooms were closed (because of
vandalism in unattended stations) and still none had lounges.  These days,
a handful of stations have lounges
but are outnumbered by stations with waiting rooms and/or bars/snack
bars/cafes.

I doubt you'll find an airport that doesn't have a waiting room/area
somewhere.  Probably also a bar or cafe.
Lounges are the expensive places catering to the rich customer
(executive-class ticket or money to burn on
food/drink) rather than the ordinary traveller needing a place to sit.

Waiting rooms are present in hospitals, dentists' and doctors' surgeries.
Also in job centres, council offices
and other places.

I can see tagging waiting rooms as being useful to the majority of data
consumers who use those types of
organizations, even though those are a minority of data consumers.  This
tagging seems to cater to a
minority of a minority.  If that's what you truly intend (it appears that
it is) then I won't oppose it but nor will
I support it.  It's entirely possible I'd need to know if a station (or
even airport) has a waiting room.  I don't
see me ever needing to know if it has a lounge (and for an airport it would
be a selling feature of the
business-class ticket, so I'd know anyway).

So why bother?

--
Paul