If the consensus is to change it to emergency=lifeguard + lifeguard=*, then
I think this needs to be changed in:

1. The wiki
2. Put forward a proposal to do a mechanical edit to change the existing
tags
3. Carry out that mechanical edit
4. Add the preset in iD

I don't think it's far to the people who put the effort in to do a great
job on the wiki documentation and those who've been mapping to that
accepted tagging per the wiki, to change (4) without us first/while doing
1,2,3.

I think only then we can propose to osm-carto for this to be rendered on
the default OSM basemap.