> On Jun 17, 2018, at 7:34 AM, Andrew Harvey <andrew.harv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If the consensus is to change it to emergency=lifeguard + lifeguard=*, then I
> think this needs to be changed in:
>
> 1. The wiki
> 2. Put forward a proposal to do a mechanical edit to change the existing tags
> 3. Carry out that mechanical edit
> 4. Add the preset in iD
>
> I don't think it's far to the people who put the effort in to do a great job
> on the wiki documentation and those who've been mapping to that accepted
> tagging per the wiki, to change (4) without us first/while doing 1,2,3.
>
> I think only then we can propose to osm-carto for this to be rendered on the
> default OSM basemap.

This is great!  Happy to see that people are recognizing that some work (but
not a lot) needs to happen before we change a tag from one thing to another
thing.

I’ve created a repo where we can track these things:
https://github.com/osmlab/osm-tagging <https://github.com/osmlab/osm-tagging>

I’ll start opening issues for the things we’ve agreed to and I’ll add an issue
template so that people can check off the items once they are done and close
the issue once all the steps are completed.

The repo can link back to the relevant discussion(s) on the tagging mailing
list.  I think we should continue to make sure that every change is raised on
the tagging mailing list for WWIC [1] reasons.

Eventually this repo may also contain code and tools for gaining better
insights into tagging and making changes to tags.

Thanks Bryan

[1] http://www.ftrain.com/wwic.html <http://www.ftrain.com/wwic.html>