Hi,

On 19.06.2018 14:16, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> seems to be quite the opposite of that approach.  Now i know of course
> an editor and its presets is not the same as a map style but still it
> seems important to have some objective goals and criteria for decisions
> regarding presets, especially if you present addition, change or
> removal of presets as pre-planned steps in a process to change tagging.

Perhaps it would make sense to treat the iD editor and the tagging
presets it uses as two different projects that are conceptually separate
enough so that the tagging presets as rolled out on osm.org can be
curated by a group that is separate from the editor writers?

I don't think designing tags is what the editor writers should do, that
would clearly be overstepping their mandate.

Bye
Frederik