On Sat, Sep 1, 2018 at 7:53 PM, Joseph Guillaume <josephguilla...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've now added mention that qanats can be tagged in parallel in terms of
> their historic value.
> New text: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?
> title=Proposed_features/Qanat&diff=1644721&oldid=1644670

That's good.  Ummm, I forgot to mention it last time but from things that
have come up on here before I'd mention
that "historic," in OSM terms, doesn't mean "old" or "abandoned" or
"disused" but that it is of historic importance.
[Not for the wiki:the difference between "history" and "pre-history" are
whether or not there are recorded details (history
started with the invention of writing.)]

> I've also made a first attempt at defining qanats in general terms, and
> explicitly listing names of similar features in other regions (based on the
> Wikipedia article).

s/shifts/shafts :)

--
Paul