Hi,

Le mer. 10 oct. 2018 à 00:45, Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 11:31 PM François Lacombe <
> fl.infosrese...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The question about the opening direction should be propagated to this
>> draft proposal regarding pipeline valves
>>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Pipeline_valves_proposal
>>
>> I thought about turn_to_close=clockwise / anticlockwise
>> Whatever the final answer will be, this definitely have to be the same
>> key and values on both fire hydrants and any kind of pipeline valves.
>>

> Those are both valves operated with rotary motions.  No problem using the
> same key/values for
> both.  Or for any other kind of valve operated with a rotary motion.  The
> problem comes when, as
> somebody suggested, applying it to doors too, so then the editor preset
> would have to be context
> sensitive.  Your choice of key prevents it being applied to doors..

It depends which doors, and mainly depend of the actuator associated with
the valve
Here is a door valve and a wheel has to be handled to open or close.
http://www.orbinox.com/orbinox/usuariosFtp/conexion/imagenes2163a0.jpg
Datasheet : http://www.orbinox.com/extranet/descarga.aspx?sg=1&coda=1787

It pretty obvious that when no rotation is needed to open or close any
valve, tap or door, then keys like turn_to_close won't be appropriate nor
used.
On valves proposal, turn_to_close will only be available in association
with certain handle=* values (certainly handle=wheel).
handle=* can also be used on fire hydrant if needed.

> Not that we're likely to map taps until
> nanomapping becomes popular, but somebody suggested it.

handle=* solves the problem.

All the best

François