Despite the remaining problem of just how best to map the Iarge Alaskan bay
that started this conversation, it's been very interesting. For now, I'll
just let it remain as a node and hope that a better label rendering
solution for a water body as large as Cook Inlet comes along during my
lifetime. I will decide whether to use multipolygons to show smaller bays
and straits on a case by case basis.

Thanks to all for your contributions.

Alaska Dave

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 4:51 AM Paul Allen <pla16...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 9:30 PM Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.ke...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> It is sounding as if Frederik and Christoph are willing to tolerate
>> limited experiments as long as we mostly don't damage the coastline,
>>

> Life would be so much easier if we had a sandbox.
>

>> and keep our areas small enough not to break the toolchain.
>>

> I was contemplating generalizing Cardigan Bay.  Maybe a few dozen nodes.
> But now you've made me
> worry that it's not just the node count I should be concerned about but
> also the size of the area
> enclosed.  Like I said, if only we had a sandbox...
>
> --
> Paul

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska