Hi

It appears there's an attempt to discourage/deprecate leisure=recreation_ground.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landuse%3Drecreation_ground
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Drecreation_ground

I've done a history search of this forum & can find no discussions on this topic. Can someone point me to it if it was discussed elsewhere* If not, what is the reason for it? (Being more popular doesn't always make it a better choice).

To me, leisure=recreation_ground logically fits better with other leisure tags such as pitch, playground, park, sports_centre etc.

* Coherently. By that I exclude the wiki talk pages which, after just a dozen posts, descends into unformatted insults.

Cheers
DaveF