On 2018-12-28 22:52, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> Generally, a pavilion will only have one floor (no basement, no upper
> floors), will usually have sleeping possibilities, will not be big. MIght
> also be just a roof.
> I am not completely sure about this being a requirement, but I would expect
> it to be a central-plan building (square, polygonal or round, not a long and
> narrow rectangle).

Martin, I don't know which dictionary you referred to or otherwise what
your frame of reference is, but I (as a Brit) do not recognise the
qualifications you mention. Many outdoor sports clubs will have a
building (or part thereof) which everyone calls "the pavilion," and I
know quite a few which are both multi-storey and/or rectangular.
Sleeping possibilities? Possibly in a medical centre?

These days the word "pavilion" refers mainly to the use to which the
building is put (dressing rooms, refreshments etc., especially for the
participants), rather than it being an obvious architectural style.

Colin