Well, I regularly edit and maintain a lot of routes, route hierarchies and node
networks. Id is fine for a few basic things, adding and editing tags, combining
two routes in a superroute. Now try checking and sorting routes from hundreds
up to thousands of members, including forward and backward roles. Try cutting a
way belonging to 10 different routes and route systems, then repair the damage.
I have tried very hard to do  this with Id. Try splitting an old unmanageable
damaged hiking route into manageable and reusable parts, each complete, sorted,
and fitting together end-to-start. Try checking and repairing a node network.

I have checked the capabilities of P2. As with Id, basic things are possible:
add, edit a member, edit tagging, as long as it stays simple and not too big.
If it’s more complex, involves sorting and error checking/repair of multiple
routes, networks, hierarchies: If anyone does a lot of work like that in Id or
P2, I would like to know how, so I could do more work online.
Let’s start with sorting the members of a route relation containing 300
members. How would you do that in P2?

Mvg Peter Elderson