> In a way they are all related, just like buses, streetcars and subways are
> all forms of urban public transit, but I think most people do not expect a
> motorcycle when they look for a “taxi”?

+1
I wouldn't be comfortable to tag a station for rickshaws as amenity=taxi.
And then it renders on the map with a car icon. Unless there are stations
with mixed vehicle types (in Madagascar they always have separate dedicated
stations), wouldn't it be preferable using a different value of amenity=*
or something else and leave amenity=taxi for "taxis"?