On Thursday 10 January 2019, Tomas Straupis wrote:

>   In order to have correct labelling you need polygon geometry for
> peninsulas (as well as for other objects), [...]

Just for the record: This is not correct (discussed plenty of times in
the past, no need to repeat).

Note the proposal from Markus is so far not indicating preferences on
node vs. polygon apart from verifiability concerns.  This part of the
discussion is about if the proposal should discourage mapping large
peninsulas with polygons for practical reasons of ease of mapping and
maintainability of the data.  I think this would be a good idea but i
also doubt this would prevent some mappers to push such mapping.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/