On 10.01.19 11:28, Allan Mustard wrote:
> My understanding of the 3D aspect of building:part is that if you draw a
> portion of a building using building:part you have to do the rest of the
> building using building:part as well or the whole building will not
> render in 3D, since 3D software is programmed to ignore the base
> building footprint if building:part is present, is that correct?

Yes, that is correct (according to Simple 3D Buildings tagging).

So if you want to represent the situation in question as a building with
two parts, you could draw a building:part=roof area for the roof, and a
building:part=yes area for the rest of the warehouse. Then surround both
of them with a building=warehouse area, probably re-using the nodes of
the building parts.

Some 3D renderers will attempt to figure out what the mapper might have
intended if this rule isn't followed. But that's undefined behaviour and
will vary considerably between programs, so it shouldn't be relied on.

Tobias