Hey there, as I was illustrating the
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:maxweight
article with some example signs and notes about pitfalls, I noticed that
the wiki says here that the weight *must always* be defined in metric units.

So, I also added a row in the examples table about the short tons to
metric tons conversion.

But now, I am wondering, if the claim "As per Map Features:Units, as of
September 2014 only metric units of weight (metric tonnes or kilograms)
are supported for this tag." is not a mistake.

Because...
1. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features/Units mentions "st"
(short tons) as a unit
2. there is also "mph" for speed limits
3. it seems that this rule would unnecessarily complicate the mapping in
the United States

Does anyone know anything about (a decision) that the weight may only be
specified in metric? Or was there a misinformed wiki-fiddler at work?

Cheers
Tobias