If there is a drain worth mapping, I will map it as a drain.

If the drain has the form of a ditch and I can see its only function is to be a
drain, I will map a drain. Size and lining may be indicators, not definers.

If a ditch has unclear function or multiple functions, I will map a ditch. If I
think it’s worth mapping.

I will not systematically retag drains to ditches unless the national community
decides to do so. Automated edits: no way.

Mvg Peter Elderson