On Sun, 10 Feb 2019 at 17:10, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfei...@computer.org> wrote:
> In a related discussion I have heard the argument that, after mapping the
> individual trees, "if we
> delete the tree_row way, we lose the information that they are part of a tree
> row."
>
> The problem with that argument is that a tree_row only exists as an
> abstraction/simplification/interpolation of a number of not-yet-mapped trees.

Likely not all things currently mapped as tree_row are distinctive "tree rows".

But there do exist tree rows which are distinctly noticeable:
consisting of a row of trees that were mostly planted at the same
time, and so are roughly same height, and are either same species or
are of a designed variety. This is described in Wikipedia as
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avenue_(landscape)

Certainly we could tag each of the trees with its species, height,
planting date, etc, and have data consumers infer that they form an
avenue / tree row. Or make a man_made=avenue tag. Or reuse the
natural=tree_row tag for simplicity?

--Jarek