On Sat, 23 Mar 2019 at 17:41, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfei...@computer.org> wrote:

> On 23.03.2019 18:19, Paul Allen wrote:
> >
> > Until you mentioned outside prayer, the obvious solution to a building
> complex would
> > be a multipolygon.
>
> No, there is no MP needed. As there are several distinct objects used for
> worshiping, it would even
> be wrong.

I disagree with that statement.  If they're all part of the same mosque, an
MP is not incorrect.

You'd have to find out if Muslims consider those different buildings to be
components of
the same mosque or not.  I doubt that they would, but maybe you're right.

If we follow your thinking, only the pews in a church are for worshipping.
The confessional is for
confessing, and the pulpit is for preaching.  Most people would consider
them to be all part of
the same church.  Even if, say, the confessionals were in a different
building (I've never heard
of such, but it's a remote possibility).  At one time, in some
denominations, the pews were
segregated between rich and poor and/or between men and women.  Different
places of
worship or the same?  Some universities have buildings in different
locations scattered around
a city: same university or each a different university?

--
Paul