I agree that the "craft" key should be used for places where craft
work is done. It seems that
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Acraft%3Dplumber
craft=plumber is already fairly well established with 4000 uses, and
the page has been around since 2011. While "craft" seems imprecise for
offices of tradespersons who do not make things at that location, it
would be more confusing to reuse the key "trade". I'd thought that
"office=" might work as a key, but "office=plumber" is only used 5
times.

The page for "craft" shows that a number of different trades are
included: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:craft - eg craft =
builder, carpet_layer, chimney_sweeper, electrician, hvac, insulation,
etc..