On 29/03/19 18:51, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

Mar 29, 2019, 8:26 AM by 61sundow...@gmail.com:

    sent from a phone

    On 29. Mar 2019, at 07:05, Warin <61sundow...@gmail.com
    <mailto:61sundow...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    This one has been sitting for a long while! Still not certain
    about some aspects of it.

    See what you make of it.

    https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Area-steps

    Discussion here for preference.

    can you explain how it relates to this proposal?

    https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relations/Proposed/Area

    That proposal is very broad , it defines implicit areas of any
    kind, steps, ramps, flat bits . I think that is too much in one
    proposal to consider and detail.

    This proposal only does steps. Just steps. It details how larger
    step areas, > say 5 m width, can be mapped.

    Consider in this proposal;
    should the upper and lower ways be tagged with highway=footway so
    as to connect the two laterals?
    should the laterals be tagged with highway=steps
    That may aid editing, rendering and routing...

It may be useful to mention relation to "area:highway=steps" tagging - is it a competing
incompatible, double tagging of the same feature or something else.

That fails in many ways;

does not detail upper/lower ways that may not be straight lines and could be inclined
does not detail laterals that may not be straight lines
cannot detail differing number of steps from side to side
cannot have handrails...

Thanks for pointing it out I'll add a link later.