On 28.04.19 13:51, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> "A place=hamlet often lacks verifiable borders. Hamlets in farming areas
> often have scattered houses and farms extending outward for several
> kilometers. In this case the approximate center of the place may be
> well-know, but the outer limits are not clearly determined,
> so mapping as an area is not verifiable."
>
> is a good description of a common situation. Are you claiming that it
> never happens?

I agree that this is a common situation. However, I'm claiming that we
actually know _more_ than just the hamlet's center in that situation.
There will often be houses that are well known to be part of that
hamlet, and other houses (in fact, almost 100% of the world's houses)
that everyone will agree are not part of that hamlet.

So the world's houses and farms can be (somewhat simplistically) divided
into 3 sets: