Though repeated attempts by @bhousel and @quincylvania to declare themselves as
final arbiters of OSM tagging and dismissing everybody else is certainly not
helping.

That is really not going to work, and it is a pity because plenty of work done
of him is really great
but it is tainted by ignoring arguments of critics. No one is right all the
time.

To directly quote part of
https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/6409#issuecomment-495231649
<https://github.com/openstreetmap/iD/issues/6409#issuecomment-495231649>

"Some things that don't really factor at all into our decision:

    how long a tag with implicit semantics has been in use
    how many softwares (renderers / routers or whatever) already support the
implicit rule
    how frequently the tag is used
    what a handful of people on a mostly dormant mailing list think
    what one person has written on the osm wiki
    how many downvotes you encourage people to put on our issue list
    what they are saying about us in the weekly osm tabloid"
So someone is dismissing what everybody else thinks and at the same time
expects everybody
to accept his own opinions?

Some ideas from tagging mailing list and OSM wiki (even after limiting to
popular ones
or "approved") are pointless/harmful but that is not a valid reason to simply
ignore all of them.

23 May 2019, 10:16 by o...@westnordost.de: