Am 02.06.2019 um 14:40 schrieb Paul Allen:
> On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 at 09:49, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch
> <mailto:si...@poole.ch>> wrote:
>

>     In the interest of keeping the list at least half usable, I would
>     suggest that we all, starting now, voluntarily submit to:
>

> [...]
>
> I don't doubt your frustration or your good intentions, but it seems
> possible that this thread
> will generate a large volume of increasingly heated responses, making
> the list even more
> annoying (at least until it all dies down).  Not your intention, but a
> possible outcome.
>
> Others have already mentioned problems with your suggestions, and no
> doubt many
> more will do so.  I'm in broad agreement with those objections.
>
> As I already said, I understand your frustration.

No, obviously you don't.

There is just no way the community can handle a dozen or more proposals
per month in any reasonable fashion, essentially it is just gaming the
system in another way than wikifiddiling. BTW I've used threaded mail
clients for a couple of decades and that is not the problem either or
the volume that the bike sheding which is to be expected due to the
subject matter tends to produce

Simon