On 6/14/2019 5:33 PM, Dave Swarthout wrote:

Martin wrote:

>It would imply adding shop=cannabis to pharmacies? In some countries
the sale of medicine is restricted to pharmacies.

Not necessarily. IMO, we could also use the cannabis:medical=yes/only
tag to pharmacies offering it.

Yes, my understanding is that shop=cannabis is only for shops whose sole
purpose (or at least clear primary purpose) is the sale of cannabis. It
shouldn't automatically be added to any POI where legal cannabis is
available.

A pharmacy that sells a variety of medicines should not be tagged as
shop=cannabis, but could still be tagged with cannabis:*=* (similar to
drink:wine=yes at shop=deli.)

IMO the shop=cannabis tag should not be used at all in any jurisdiction
where legal cannabis is only available through general purpose
pharmacies. (I don't know of any such places, but I assume they exist
somewhere, or will at some point.) And obviously it also shouldn't be
used in jurisdictions where all cannabis sales are illegal.