From: Valor Naram <valin...@gmx.net>
Sent: 25 August 2019 17:40
To: Tag discussion, strategy and related tools <tagging@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Tagging] phone vs contact:phone WAS Re: Multiple tags for one
purpose

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:phone and
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:contact don't provide any tagging
method to tag numbers for emergency, general enquiries etc. Both keys just
allow the tagging of one phone number on one object.

But feel free to write a proposal to extend the tagging scheme of `phone` to:
- `phone`
- `phone:emergency`
- `phone:night`
- `phone:press`

Feel free also to extend the `email` tag:
- `email`
- `email:press`
- `email:legal`

But we're drifting away from the topic "Multiple tags for one purpose". We
should discuss the problem of "fragmentation" in general. But deprecating
`contact:phone` in favor of `phone` can be the logical step.

Cheers

Sören Reinecke alias Valor Naram