On Thu, 5 Sep 2019 at 23:30, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Wouldn't that description still match the definition that Joseph quoted
> above though - "sports_centre: "a distinct facility where sports take place
> within an enclosed area" - which then specifically mentions "it can be a
> building"."?

I try to avoid all sport.  Participating in, watching it, or reading about
it.  So I claim no expertise
in all this.  However, the distinction that occurs to me is this.  A sports
centre has several (at
least two) distinct areas in which different sports activities can occur
simultaneously.  It
might be tennis, soccer and chess, or three separate soccer games, or
whatever.
Somewhere like a village hall or even a leisure centre might have a sports
hall within it:
it's not a sports centre but it has an area dedicated to one or more
sports.  It might even have
more than one sports hall, but it's not  a sports centre because it does
non-sport things too
(like maybe show films, as several village halls near me do).

Something along those lines is about the only reason I can see for having
both tags.
Thinking about it, a sports centre could have several sports halls mapped
within it if
you wanted to map it to that level of detail.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong.  In which case, carry on arguing.

--
Paul