Hi all,

Thank you for yout contributions

Le ven. 6 sept. 2019 à 09:13, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>
a écrit :

> I'm still opposed to this proposal:

Answers provided at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Utility_markers_proposal#Oppose_deprecating_pipeline.3Dmarker_and_marker.3Dstone

Le ven. 6 sept. 2019 à 09:18, Jez Nicholson <jez.nichol...@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> Arriving fresh to a proposal, my first action would be to look at what is
> currently in OSM. There are 6,043 "marker"="stone", which is 81.5% of the
> usage of "marker" in OSM. I would expect the proposal to support current
> usage.

I respectably disagree on that point.
Biggest problem is that current usage isn't documented, and may not have
been reviewed like we are doing right now.

This proposal aims to define values for marker=* to describe utility
markers.
Despite marker=stone may be unconsistent with what is proposed, it doesn't
make it incompatible and this proposal only notices this fact without
thinking of deprecating it.

I would then look at "power":"marker" and be very concerned to see 35,288
> tags. That's a very strong existing usage. You might be lucky that power
> markers aren't as useful to render as power lines, etc.
> https://openinframap.org/#12.2/49.49246/0.21175

I don't get the right term here. I see only 222 items for power=marker and
nothing for power:marker=*
Which one are you refering to with 35k uses please?

One of the goals is precisely to get a comprehensive render with marker=*
for many kind of markers, not only pipeline ones.

Le ven. 6 sept. 2019 à 12:20, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
a écrit :

> I would rather have expected a generic description of the marker, like
> marker=
> post
> cone
> sign
> aerial_marker (maybe this should be a property, not a type? This seems to
> be a quite interesting property for our context)

Ok this one is really interesting.
Why not using marker=* to give its nature and another key utility=* with
values "gas", "power", "telecom", "water"... ?
Seems it is already used:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/utility#values

marker=* + utility=* give a "utility marker", right?

All the best

François