From: Valor Naram <valin...@gmx.net>
Sent: 28 September 2019 09:31
To: Tagging@openstreetmap.org <Tagging@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: [Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Phone)

Hey,

now I'm ready to open a new proposal which you can see here
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Phone#Second_proposal_.28pending.29
I use the old proposal page for that but seperated content into section
to keep the history intact. The content is based on the discussion at
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-September/048339.html
. It tends to deprecate `contact:phone` in favor of the more used de-
facto `phone` tag. It's awful that we have two tags for the same
puropose in our database and that makes it more difficult for
developers and researchers to work with our data.

Cheers

Sören Reinecke alias Valor Naram