Am Mo., 21. Okt. 2019 um 00:54 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <
joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com>:

> For example, requiring the country code in all phone numbers would not
> be standard practice in Indonesia or the USA, since people in these
> countries very rarely make phone calls to other countries.

you do not have to include the country prefix when calling inside the
country, you need it to be reachable from outside, so there is seems some
problem in your reasoning ("to other countries").
I thought it was already suggested to add the country prefix every time for
phonenumbers (because they should be added in some ISO format), like we
also request the protocol to be added to "website" values.

Cheers,
Martin