On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 06:21:13PM +0900, John Willis via Tagging wrote:
> Still looking for feedback on the idea, Specifically:

my idea..

> - lower base way or area sharing nodes with the top line in embankment /
> cutting, etc?

way instead of area. Simpler to do and more flexible.
Also I would favor the "namespaced" variants (natural=cliff:base,
man_made=embankememnt:base). Makes it clear that those are optional/additional
details and leaves a clear path for further extensions (eg :ramp: ?)

> - relation or no relation needed?

see how far you get without relations.

> - map levee with embankment pairs, or map with two pairs of levee specific
> tags in a relation with the =dyke way?

draw man_made=levee covering all elements

Richard