Hi,

I think he misspelled it in the email. The tag page is in British
English [0] and the American English tag "conference_center" has only
been used 44 times.

The word "conference_center" does not appear on the "2.x" branch of iD.
However the documented British English value "conference_centre" does
appear in the presets, which is fine in my opinion.

Hauke

[0] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dconference_centre