Tue, 14 Jan 2020 at 19:02, Andy Mabbett <a...@pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

> JOSM warns me that "building=disuse" is deprecated, but doesn't tell
> me what to use instead.
>
> On the wiki, nether [[Key:building=disused]] nor
> [[Tag:building=disused]] exist, and [[Key:building]] says nothing aout
> how to tag "disused", "derelict" or "empty" buildings.
>
> Is JOSM correct, what's the preferred alternative, and why is there no
> easily-found documntation for this common use case?

If i understand it correctly, building=* values describe how the
building looks, not how it is used. For example, a church that is now
used as a pub still remains a building=church.

Therefore, for a disused building, i'd leave the building=* tag and
add disused=yes. (The alternative tagging using lifecycle prefixes,
disused:building=*, isn't rendered.)

Regards

Markus