sent from a phone

> Il giorno 6 feb 2020, alle ore 16:50, European Water Project
> <europeanwaterproj...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> drinking_water = <yes/no> as a sub-tag seems more logical.
>
> Assuming we open the pandora's box of removing amenity=drinking_water which
> is used on 207,000 nodes and ways.
> https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/amenity=drinking_water
>
> What would be the best way to proceed to re-tag ?

frankly, it seems quite unlikely that massive retagging and in particular
deprecation will happen for amenity=drinking_water.

Many objects with this tag don’t have other tags:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/amenity=drinking_water#combinations

and they are different kinds of objects that have it. I’d rather see
drinking_water=yes and amenity=drinking_water as synonymous and move on.

Add additional tags if you are interested in the details.
For any kind of fountain there’s for example the fountain subtag.

Cheers Martin