This is how I would map a solitary tram stop:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/611673223
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/611673223/history>
Disregard the public_transport=platform, tram=yes. If I were mapping it
fresh today, I might not add those tags anymore.

Also note the pt=stop_position node:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2000795897

I usually only map them If I plan to split the way (start or end of an
itinerary). It only has 2 tags, no further details and it is NOT a member
of the route relations.
I might stop mapping these altogether, since carto rendering decided to not
support the 'new' scheme. I don't see the point anymore. But that's not the
point.

And this is one with a platform:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/220369167

It's also served by buses.

The platform way is mapped separately:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/210281532

This is about as simple as it can get, no duplication, but still contains
all the relevant information. That is the point.

Polyglot