On 3/15/2020 6:18 AM, Markus Peloso wrote:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/give_box

A small facility where people drop off and pick up various types of
items in the sense of free sharing.

Hi

After "Clarify whatever explicit abstaining is the same as no vote"
and the change of the Proposal process page I reopen the voting, maybe
someone wants to change their vote or add a comment.

In the meantime we have got some new inputs:

Summary

- We hade discuss about give box, hiker box, public refrigerator, free
pantry and food sharing and how this things could be documented in
OpenStreetMap.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/food_sharing#Arguments_and_comments_from_the_Tagging_.5BPublic_refrigerators.5D_E-Mails

- New Proposed feature "food sharing"
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/food_sharing

- New Proposed feature "donation of goods"
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/donation_of_goods

- Some mappers tag blessing boxes with new amenity=give_box tag
https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/RAA

Thanks for your patience and perseverance, Markus!

It's clear that give boxes will be approved as a feature. The only
remaining questions I see are:

1. What's the best tag for them? (Some people don't like "give_box" --
maybe an opportunity to experiment with ranked-choice voting?)

2. What related amenities are distinct enough that they deserve their
own separate tags?
 - Public bookcase, obviously.
 - Separating the food sharing amenities seems like a good idea. I'd be
in favor of a single tag to which refrigerated=yes could be added to
indicate a public refrigerator.
 - I like the idea of a separate tag for hiker boxes, because (as I
mentioned in the public refrigerator thread) it's very common to have
them as part of another map feature like post office, shop, hotel, or
campsite, so simply being able to add hiker_box=yes would be great.
 - I've never heard the term "blessing box" before but it seems like
they'd best be classified as either food sharing or give box, depending
on the inventory.

Jason