> I think using highway=singletrack could be a good complement to
> highway=track, then we can use standard access (default foot=yes, horse=no,
> bicycle=yes, motorcycle=no) and surface tagging like we do for
> highway=track. highway=path can continue to be the catch all for "a
> non-specific path".

I'd also use [highway=singletrack bicycle=no] to "fix" tagging currently
using highway=path for specific singletrack in protected national parks
where MTBs are not permitted, where foot=yes is the only allowed access.
This compliments [highway=track bicycle=no] in the same parks where only
rangers are allowed to use the fire roads.