Am Di., 14. Apr. 2020 um 11:18 Uhr schrieb Volker Schmidt <vosc...@gmail.com
>:

> OK,
>
> we seem to agree that city-limit-begin sign needs to have angle or
> cardinal direction values and not forward|backward, because it is often or
> nearly always, on a joining node of two ways due to the implied speed limit
> in agglomerations, which is the rule in many European countries,

it doesn't need to have these tags, it is sufficient to place them at the
side of the highway and the direction will be implicit. If you make them
part of the highway it is desirable to indicate the direction explicitly
(and I agree that direction information for the node depending on the way
direction of one or more ways at the time of tagging is not desirable).

Cheers
Martin