Hi,

I would create a multipolygon for that. Wetland is something different
than a lake/pond.

For wetland the wiki says, that wetland areas contain "characteristic
vegetation that is adapted to its unique soil conditions" [0]. A lake
obviously doesn't (at least no land-vegetation like grass and bushes)
and this is why an area cannot be wetland *and* lake at the same time.
And this is why I consider a multipolygon to be correct.

There might be situations, where two different areas have to be on top
of each other (e.g. a wetland area within a forest where trees are
growing also within the wetland area?), but I thing most of the time
there's only one landuse that fits.

Of course there might be some discussion but I would consider a
multipolygon to be correct in your specific example.

Hauke

[0] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dwetland