On 5/3/20 7:36 PM, Marc M. wrote:
Le 03.05.20 à 18:13, Joseph Eisenberg a écrit :
it is true that this tag (leisure=common)is ambiguous because it is being used for totally different purposes in different countries.
I think this argument is crucial. if more than one meaning exists for a tag, having a precise meaning for a country is useless, osm is a global base, it's a bad idea to hope a render style "tag A rendered as meaning1 in Africa, as meaning2 in Europe, as meaning3 in Asia".

Then, isn't it nice that leisure=common has been abandoned in it's former British usage ? As far as I know, that was its only other usage - or is it also used in other parts of the world ?